Thursday night of the new TV season - a mixed bag

I managed to take in 2 new shows and the premieres of returning TV show tonight. It was an evening of nice, ho hum, excitement and shear boredom.

First up was The Big Bang Theory. The gang was in fine form tonight and the robot arm was an interesting twist in the story, but expected of them. That led straight into Shit My Dad Says, which was developed on Twitter. That show did not live up to the actual funny stuff that the guy use to write on Twitter. It looks like they tried to take 140 characters and make a 30 minute show out of it (excuse me, only 20 minutes, with 10 minutes of commercials). Shatner was the wrong pick for the role, they could have done better. A big HO HUM in my book.

My highlight of the evening was Fringe. It is one of my favorite shows that has kept me interested through 2 seasons now. The opening show of this season did not disappoint. According to the producers we are to spend most of this season exploring with Olivia in the alternate universe, which is OK by me. When Fringe is done going through its first run of the season and starts to get into repeats, that is when I will watch CSI. I would be watching CSI on their first runs but when the character, "Grisom" was written out of the series, that was when I lost interest in the show. He was like the quirky mad scientist that kept everyone intrigued.

So what did I watch after Fringe ended for the evening? Well I thought I would take a gamble and watch the new SyFy show call "Beast Legends" or "Legendry Beasts" or "Beastly Legends" or .......
Anyway, the show ended up to be so off the wall, with a comic book artist as part of their team, I turned the TV off after only 30 minutes of the junk. It was going nowhere fast. BORING. While the idea of looking for legendary beasts is a great one, this show blew it in the first 30 minutes. A good idea done wrong.

So much for Thursday nights, I wonder what Friday will bring.

No comments: